Friday, June 24, 2011

SAHM....

Being a Stay A Home Mom, is a whole other dimension of existence.  I have always been a worker bee. From the time I was twelve, I have been working/volunteering.  The first year as a candy striper for the Red Cross in the Pediatric ward of the naval base we lived on.  The the next two summer I was hired as an intern for youth in the Peds ward and OB ward.  Its all history from there, I have always worked.  I knew that even after having Nae that I would have to work to make it in Cali along side the hubby.  I even worked two jobs while pregnant to make sure we were on good footing.
Then the job market took a dive and I lost my day job. My part-time job was making okay money and for the next three years  I worked part time and stayed at home with baby.
Now, in Kansas, I have had the amazing opportunity to be at home full time, and it is EXHAUSTING!!!  Oh my sweet Goddess.  I thought I worked hard when I worked!!  This SAHM business is tough!!
There is always something to be done, you are your own worst critic, and the To Do list is never empty!!
I'm painting and decorating the old house,( before and after photos to come in another post) on top of regular responsibilities.  Jeez, I'm tired. 
Most days I'm on top of it, but there are some day where it just gets away from me.  I could get down on myself, but instead, I write.  I take time to refocus. Learn the lesson and move on.
I have trouble finding time to write, whether its for my blog or a chapter in one of the many novels I have going that I swear is gonna make us millions!! LOL  I just don't see how the other SAHM, have time for blogs and Cookies and Sewing.....BUT if its what you love you find time.
Like today, I sat down after hubby left for work and the inspiration hit me....result??? Three blog post ready to go.  Now, if I could just find a topic for Thankful Thursday, I'd be good!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)