Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How many times do you stop in a day???

I found myself stopping a lot this last weekend to take it all in.  Just look up from my book and look around.  Listen to the birds, feel the wind on my face.  I had a wonderfully lazy day on the porch reading.  Nae would come out every hour or so to check on me.  She'd crawl up in my lap, I'd put down my book and just be.  With her. Trying to memorize her face, in awe of how she has grown, excited to see how she will progress.  Coffee on the porch with Hubby is the same way, life flies by and this is our one moment in everyday that we take to just sit and be together.  I get that every morning with him.  Granted I have to wake early when he goes to work to achieve it, but its so worth it.  I try to take a few minutes everyday to sit with Nae in my lap, which most times ends up being at least a half hour and a TON of giggles.  If we're lucky we end the day on the porch again just in the "Be" mode.
I lucky to be able to notice and take the time to just look around and be.  I wasn't always fortunate enough to take that time.  I remember times in my life that I never looked up from what I had going on in a day to take notice and be in wonder and awe.
Glad that Hubby and I have changed our path, reached an Enlightenment of sorts. That we can look at the most Mundane things in life and find their magic.  Can you say that you can do that?  I dare you to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)