Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A little more about why I'm so crazy...

So, I have no idea what I'm doing.   This is new to me, as I'm sure it was new to most of you who now have your own Blogs. I wanted a place,  for those who were so inclined, to be able to check on us and see how we are adjusting to our new chapter in the book and adventure we all call life.....the new chapter will have to wait.
I'm sure alittle background would be nice.  I'm the oldest daughter of a Career Man Sailor, layman's terms, a Navy brat.  Dad knew his way around an engine and he made a living working on Helicopters and Jet engines in the Navy.  Sometimes that meant being away for nine months at a time.  It wasn't the best plan, but it was a plan to keep a wife and three daughters clothed and fed.  For the first eight years of my life, I saw my daddy three months out of every year.  My mom had had enough and pleaded with him to stay close to us, so shore duty it was for the man.  Which meant uprooting your family every three years, moving from naval base to naval base.  Did I mention that my dad ran with the WESPAC branch of the Navy??  Yeah, so picking  up and moving every three years meant MAJOR moves...to Japan, to the Philippine Islands, then after nearly eight years in Asia Pacific back to Washington State.     Then the last doozy of a move from Washington state to California, his home town specifically.
Yup, it was pretty crazy.  Mom,the sisters and I could unpack the whole house in a day....sad really.  No, really it sucked.  By the time I was a junior in high school, I had been to twelve different schools.  Thankfully for Mrs. Lucci and Mr. Perkins, helping me out that last semester senior year with all the extra hours after school, I scraped by with just enough credits to graduate.
I'm vowed to never move my kids around like that....ever.  Well, I had to go back on that vow.  Hubby got an offer for a job that we couldn't resist....in Kansas.  Yup, Kansas.  So, we went to visit.  We fell in love.  We had always teased about moving to a place where life seemed to pass just a bit slower, where the pressures of everyday life were simpler than what a growing population in Cali had in store for an individual.
Our girl, she's three and a half.  We decided to make the move before she started school, to give her chance to acclimate to the other kids. 
We have the most amazing friend and his family helping us with the move.  He was a former manager of the hubby's and mine at the last place he worked.  I think he knew we were done with California.  We had taken blows left and right since the baby was born, we were getting tired of just getting by.  In this day and age, who isn't?? He offered to help Hubby get on with the company he worked for, it just meant we had to up and move to Kansas...that's all.
I'm dreading the move( gee, I wonder why), but I'm so excited about starting a new chapter in the book!!  My whole family is in California. My sisters(I love them so much!!) are both to be married next year, we don't see them or my parents as much as we used to.  Hubby's family is spread out through Utah and Colorado. Its time for this three man show to move along.
Please understand that there will be ranting, and raving.  Happy spots and sad spots.  I have never spent an entire winter in the snow, so this should be hilarious to the reader!! 
Will you stay tuned??  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)