Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursdays...A minute to reflect.

For those of you who actually take the time out to follow me here on this little blog, I have been out of my mind busy with my new business venture!!  It has been at the very least, six weeks since I have had any free time to sit and write.  
Hayley (my awesome business partner) and I couldn't really take an other day.  We have been pounded with  at least 12 days of 100 degree temperatures, with the promise of another 10 days of it to come.  Between the heat, juggling our kids, working long days at the shop getting it ready to open...We Were Exhausted.
Tuesday I stood up from bed, just in time to spend a few minutes (still half sleeping) with hubby before he went off to work.  I think I drank my coffee sitting up asleep, I don't remember half of the cup!!
Naenah and I struggled through her schoolwork for forty-five minutes, then I needed a nap.  So, I text Hayley, asked her what she was doing.  
Me:  What are you up to?
H: Nothing, on the couch.  Sleeping.
Me: Good, stay there.  I'm gonna take a nap!!
I crawled up into my hubby's wonderful recliner and tuned in to the second season of Downton Abbey.  I didn't move much all day.  Nae didn't either.
Suffice to say, I think we needed to take a day off.  It felt good.
The day gave me some time to step back and think about what needed to be done at the Salon.  Its Hayley's salon, I call it the Shop.  Clear my head, get my barrings back.
I have had so many things to do, I haven't had a chance to just sit and let my mind wander.  
I got that time this morning.  Thinking of all the things that have happened, are happening, are going to happen.  Immediately I start to feel Grateful.  Its floods my heart.
I lost a great uncle a week ago.  He is an amazing man, and I so Grateful to have heard his wonderful laugh one last time.
My Aunt's birthday was yesterday, Nae made her smile with A recorded birthday song.
My dad's birthday is tomorrow, posted a day early on FB, so all the world knows!  
My daughter starts school in 21 days.  A kindergartner.  She was just born, or so I thought.  Now, its five years in the making.
I got to chat with my dad, all three sisters, my mom and Grin this week.
I have amazing support from my new community here.
I'm just Thankful.  I truly am.  My life is no where near perfection, and I like it just the same, even better than.
Travis and Naenah make it all worth while.

Your turn.  If your reading this, leave me a note.  Tell me one thing your Grateful for this week.

Bright Blessings!!
Norms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)