Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday...

Have you ever been in a situation where you didn't agree with the way someone was treating you?  What did you do?  Did you just lay down and let them do it?  Did you stand up for yourself and give it your all to fight back?
I have been guilty of both.  I have let one too many people take advantage of my good nature, letting them do and say whatever they please, and I took it.  I have also on some occasions fought back, both physically and verbally.  I can really, seriously think of a few accounts of both.
The reason I say guilty, is that in this last situation, I stood up for myself.  Twice.  Now, in its the aftermath, I am being shunned.  I'm the one being ignored.  By the very person who attacked me.  That person came at me verbally.  I assume they thought I should just sit there and listen, not say a word.  Just take in what ill-mannered things they said about me as a person.  But, in my true spirit, I didn't.  I fought back.  I argued.  I made my point clear.
Life is a matter of perspective, I understand that.  What is really killing me in all this is, in order to live your Life as a decent human being, you have to be able to get off your High Horse and see the way others see things.
I can't win.  I'm done trying.  It is what it is.
Its a good lesson for me in retrospect.  What really in this can I be grateful for?
Well, not a day goes by that I'm not grateful for something.  I've learned enough in Life to know that.  This situation is no different.
I'm grateful for my support team.  My hubby most of all.  I get the strength and confidence to be who I really should because he loves me regardless.
I'm grateful that I stood up for myself, even if it takes away the one person who should be looking out for me and mine in a new and challenging home.
Right or wrong doesn't seem to matter so much to me any more.  Its the principle of the situation, the human aspect.  Being humble enough to just lay it all out and say that you were human.
I would be able to say it, I'm grateful I haven't lost sight of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)