Sunday, July 15, 2012

Impending visit from the Tooth Fairy...

It's happened.  I have always prided myself in the firm grasp of the knowledge that Naenah is growing up, that there is no potion, spell, or amount of money that I can pay to stop time.  But, today, I got hit with it.  A simple act has made me stand still and reel from the dizzying reality that I thought I was constantly prepared for.
She came to us in a panicked/excited/terrified frenzy, just after her short trip to the bathroom mirror to confirm that her bottom front tooth was loose.
"Its loose, its loose!!  See it?! See it?!" she said as she ran back and forth between her Daddy and I.
We both smiled excitedly and took turns looking with her wiggling that poor little tooth. Just after about five minutes of excitement, panic set in.  She was in tears, sitting on the couch trying to stay calm crying to herself.  I looked up to see pouty lips and a sob she was trying to hide.
"Baby, what's the matter?"  I asked her.
"Momma, is it gonna hurt?  Me losing this tooth?  It is gonna bleed really bad and hurt?"  Now the tears had overflowed down her sweet worried face.  It was all Trav and I could do to stay where we were and not jump up to be by her side.
"Oh honey, it won't hurt that much at all.  It will feel weird to be missing a tooth, but by the time its ready I don't think it will hurt that much at all."  I told her, on my knees mentally, praying that I was convincing enough for her to buy it.
"okay."  She sighed, wiped her tears and went into the bathroom for another Look-see before going to her room.

I love her so much.  I'm so Grateful that I get to be a part of her Life.  Negotiations are currently under way for the highest rate possible with the Tooth Fairy.  We have put in a request for all the bells and whistles, after all, it is her first tooth.

1 comment:

  1. Psyche is in cahoots with the Tooth Fairy. She has plans for a surprise...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)