Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thankful Thursday...First one of the New Year!!

Happy Thankful Thursday!!! Its a New Year, but guess what?  There are still a ton of things to be thankful for.  Some start with a new slate each year, out with the old in with the new.  I get it, its a great way of looking at things.  I'm switching it up this year.  I'm going to move forward with last year in mind in most of my on-goings. 
Last year was a seriously intense year.  Emotional, financial, travels.  You name it, it happened.  If it didn't happen to us, it happened to someone we knew.  Out of all of that, I have learned a TON. 
So, this year.  I'm going to start by tip-toeing into the new year, and trying to remember all we went through and survived!!
Hubby and I are horrible about jewelry.  Between us we have lost both wedding rings and my sweet beloved engagement ring.  We have resorted to cheap rings so that if they are lost, its not the end of the world.  Although, I must say that Hubby NEVER even lifted an eyebrow when I had to deliver the news of my beloved Tanzanite be lost to me forever.  "Its just a ring Norma.  Remember you didn't want me to spend that much on it.  It's alright honey." he said.  Amazing guy, I still cried for a week straight.  It still makes me sad to think about losing it.
ANYWHO.....I bought Hubby a new cheapo ring this last holiday season.  He hasn't taken it off yet, it fits well.  Our luck, this will be the one that sticks for quite some time, figures.
I tell you this because, I see that ring on his finger and it makes feel Grateful.
For having him as a partner.
For him taking our commitment to each other seriously enough to try to wear it everyday.
Just seeing it on his finger makes my belly swoon.  I know, seriously!!!
Next, I have had an unexpected week off of looking after CharlieBoy this week.  Its let me start a new habit with the Girly.  We have been taking up the habit of stepping out in the afternoon and taking a walk together.  The first day was nothing but whining, its taking too long, I don't want to walk that far, can you please let me ride on your back?
I kept telling her that she has to walk to get strong.  That before she can run in soccer she has to walk to build muscle.  She's five in February.  I thought that the explanation would be lost on her.  Then yesterday, she outfitted herself with her walking gear and we set out on our walk.  No complaining to be heard of AT ALL!! Three-quarters through the walk, "Momma, walking is good for my body.  I'm gonna walk and not whine.  This is gonna help me with soccer and ice skating."
Wha??? Huh???  Oh Helena, hear we go!!  Ice Skating??!!!  How expensive is that??!!
We even talked about running a race together this year!! Oh the plans we have!!
Nonetheless, we are moving.  Its not alot, but its movement.  Until there is snow, or ice that is really bad we will move outside.  I'm grateful, really grateful.
Love and Light,
Norms

2 comments:

  1. Five??? where did the time go??? wow, seems like yesterday. I hope your new year remains as light and uneventful as it started for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, 5!! I guess its a sign that we have tried to enjoy this time with her, that is has flown by so fast. I'm just grateful that we learned how to be Thankful much sooner in our lives than later.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)