Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thankful Thursday...

This one is a special one.  Its been four and a half months since I've been in the same room as my mom.  I say it that way because even though I'm in Kansas and she's in Cali, we talk about three to four times a week.  Either by phone, chat of FB, or skype when she has it available.
She's never been to my home in Kansas.  Its been almost a  year and a half since we moved here.  With two weddings, our moving, and Life happening in between.  Mom just hasn't had the opportunity.
Until now.  Dad put her in the truck and brought her back to stay with us a few weeks!!  Its only been four days, and we are all in pure Bliss.  It is one of the most amazing things to hear my daughter's laugh mixing with my Momma's laugh when they play.  Its the same feeling hearing my other mom (Trav's mom) laughing with her and hearing Trav laugh with her.
I love hearing Momma laugh and interact with Hubby.  He is enjoying her here, took her out to the site and showed her what he does. She's always been one of his biggest Fans and supporters.  Buttons popping off her blouse, she came home pronounced that she was quite impressed with what he now does for a living.
My mom has a way of talking to me that uplifts and gives support all at the same time, but still being very down to earth and available in conversation.  It has been wonderful having actual Face time with her.
I'm so thankful.  Beyond Grateful to have this time with her.  The memories we are making will be in my heart's soul forever.
LeeLee and the Nae doing what they do best...Playing!!

In other Thankful news...

I got a few to tell me what they were Thankful for on my FB page today!!  Those people are pretty awesome people and I look forward to interacting with them on FB.  I love that communities of support aren't stopped by distance anymore...AMAZING!!

I got to see my baby sister on skype today, and although Skype was being a bit of a pain, it was a much need and very non-hurried conversation with her. 

I got to talk to my middle sister on her way home from work on a day that was really rough at the office for her.  I love talking with her on her way home, I can hear the stress melt away and feel the focus of family in the air as she tells me, "okay, sis, I'm home now."  It feels good to be able to catch up and help at the same time.

I got to hear the Nae sing Happy Birthday to my older sister (Trav's sis) and hear the giggle of pure joy in my sister's voice as she sang to her.  The woman has had a bad hand dealt to her and she just keeps on impressing me with her ability to overcome.

I received awesome news from my Gran, got to touch bases with my cool Aunt in Cali, congratulated my baby cousin on her first half marathon.

Once again, I ended up with so much to be thankful for.  And seeing it in words shows me once again how it keeps my Life in alignment.


4 comments:

  1. Oh what a joyful post!! Thanks for sharing all your good news...nothing is better than quality time with parents!!
    Enjoy every second.
    PS Following you now, can't believe I wasn't before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I'm soaking it all up while I can, before I know it she'll be on her way back to Cali. Thanks for the add and follow. Its appreciated more than you know. Bright Blessings!!

      Delete
  2. This post just screams of smiles. I was smiling as I read it. Family is so, so important. What a treat to spend time with yours, put your arms around your mother, and hear the laughter. Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I've done my job for the week if it made you smile!! It is indeed a treat, I'll be sobbing and a blubbery mess when she leaves, but we won't think about that yet. :)

      Delete

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)