Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday...Even I forget sometimes...

I spent the better part of yesterday really, really upset.  Yup, I was mad, pissed, disappointed, discouraged, angry.  All because I let two people make me that way.  Two people who aren't even close to me.  Yeah, I let that happen.  Only for my emotions to go nowhere and have my first thoughts validated twelve long hours later.
See, even for a girl who lives in Gratitude, I can have set backs.  It was because one of the things I enjoy doing most was being exploited.  Not respected.  I let these two get to me.
Poor Hubby did damage control all day long via text.  I was in tears and he consoled me. It only took a day for me to rebound and recount.
I lost the day.  Time with Nae.  Time to do things at home.  Just precious time, over two idiots that don't really mean anything to me.
What did I learn?  That even if it is an emergency to everyone else, I'm not going to roll over when you tell me to.  I stay at home for MY family not yours.  Regardless of what you think I do all day as a Stay At Home Mom, I have things I do all day long for my family.  I do have a schedule that I adhere to that revolves around MY family not you.  And the most important thing I learned...I have to learn to say NO.
Nae and Trav were the magic key to fixing my day.  They filled me up on Love and Caring.  Nae is a little under the weather but still managed to be Mommas uplifting Joy.
So, what am I thankful for?
That hubby loves enough to talk me off a so-to-speak Ledge.  He may not have thought it was that serious, but he never down played my agony.
That Little Girl can love me through even the most surly of moods.  She knew how important it was to sit and just let me brush her hair last night.
That Nae held my hands through Daddy reading her books.
That Daddy makes comments while reading books that are so funny.
That I got to chat with both my sisters this week.
That I have learned how to bounce back quickly from stupid people set backs!!
Bright Blessings!!
Norms

YOUR TURN!!  Just give even one little one!! :)

1 comment:

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)