Saturday, November 26, 2011

In the wake of Thanksgiving...

Well, we survived.  Its two days after Thanksgiving and everyone else has posted a Thanks blog, everyone but me.  I had my hands pretty full.  I got a brand spanking new oven, and have been quite busy cooking away for our feast on  Thanks.  I hate mentioning it, but I have been sick for almost three weeks as well.  Four weeks ago, I got Nae and Trav through colds.  It took about five days total, they were good to go and I came down with it.  And it has stayed around for three weeks.  I cooked all that food and couldn't taste it.  Trav says it was delicious.  I'm glad that he enjoyed it.  I ate because I was hungry, not that I could taste anything and I still can't, then I ate some more because I was depressed that I could taste anything.
Sometimes, being the Mom and pushing through illness because everyone else is counting on you....sucks.  It makes homesickness worse, sickness worse, puts me a crabby mood, makes me feel selfish.  I hate that feeling. 
Monday is doctor day.  I have tried over-the-counter, home remedy, holistic, and this time it hasn't helped.  I'm  upset because usually it does.  So, I will go to see what a traditional doctor will say.
In light of this illness, I'm gonna take a few minutes to myself and steep heavily in Gratitude.  Even if I have been sick for three weeks, it could be far, far worse.

2 comments:

  1. I was as sick as you sound in February - last 5 weeks! :( Almost ended up in hospital and felt like my lung was coming out of my body - good thing was I lost wieght - bad thing - i've replaced it since. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Cindy, I have lost a few pounds too!! LOL! But, with the holidays, I'm sure it won't take long to gain back. I have a few plans for the New Year though.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)