Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday....Tiny Babies.

My sister has a girlfriend that she has been friends with since they were the ripe age of eight.  That said girlfriend just had a very tiny, very healthy baby girl, Z.  This experience, although quite different from Naenah's, is still a story about being little.
Z is nine weeks early.  She has eight more weeks in the hospital before mommy and daddy get to take her home.  Low birth weight babies have a whole different set of challenges, add being a premie to the mix, the challenges pile up on eachother.
This kid is a fighter, she was born with everything in working order.  Although, because she's so young, its hard work some days to remember to breath, eat, and pump a little heart all at the same time!!  She's doing it, one day at a time.
I had the wonderful opportunity to catch up with Z's mommy the other day when she called to fill me in.  I'm so grateful to know Jess, and in a few short days I will get the chance to meet Z for the very first time.
Thankful this Thursday for Tiny Babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)