Monday, August 1, 2011

As She grows...

Today, almost a whole year before my girl has to go to school, we are going in for our very first learning assessment test.  Its offered free here by the school district.  It benefits a Bridges to Learning program here in town.  Really meant for children with learning disabilities and things.  Sometimes they take in kids as mentors to the others.  Ones that are up to par in their learning , but have the patience to help the others along.  A friend of ours thought that Naenah would be a good fit for such a mentor.  But first we have to take the assessment test.
I called last Friday for a an appointment.  They gave us 10 am this morning.  We have been telling Nae since Friday night that she is going in and they are just going to ask her some questions.  Her replies have been mixed.  She was okay with it, then goes to not wanting to go, then says she won't say her ABC's for anyone but me.  Anxiety.
She is having the assessment, and I am the one that is nervous!!!!!  Oh man, being a parent has been easy up until this very moment.
As a kid, I hated going to school.  Once I was there, I was fine.  I loved it.  But waking every morning, I always had anxiety.  Every. Single. Day.  Until my last day of high school.  Now, my worry is that the poor girl will have the same issue.  I spent many nights as a little girl crying myself to sleep because I didn't want to leave my mother's side the next day.
Funny how having kids brings back both good and bad memories!!  To ease me this morning, my husband told me we could always home school her!!! Poor guy, he'll say anything to ease me sometimes!!
Sad part about all this?   Naenah is gonna take her first step into the ranks of learning and thrive, my worry is for not.  She'll be a busy bee and love every minute of it.  It was the same worry I had when I thought that she was gonna be too shy as an only child.  That was SO far from who she is!!! LOL
I don't know how my mom worried about three girls, worked full time, and carried a household by herself nine months of every year those first ten years my dad was away in the Indian Ocean on a boat for the Navy.  I have a hard time coping with just one.
Here's to a Life just beginning and to all the chewed up nails her mother will have before then!!!
Can you believe that she wasn't even 5lbs when she was born?!!
Man-o, I really love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)