Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Follow up to yesterday's post

So, the teachers conducting the tests were so good at making it fun, that Nae didn't realize she had said her ABC's three time in a row until half through the third time!!
She had a blast, she tested beautifully.  However, because her wonderful father makes enough to support us, we don't qualify for any of the programs.  Sad, that she is good enough to be in school, but there is no school to take her.  I got a little more than miffed at this fact yesterday.
Today?  I stick by my idea to take it slow with her.  There are things that we can work on at home, and if she doesn't get school structure until kindergarten, then that is the way it should have gone.
I can give her back this year of leisure, one with no worries before Life begins to ascend on her. 
Summer will be lazy and restful, we pick up in the fall.  After dust from traveling settles and we are at home with a routine.

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of our girl! Yay Nae!!! And yay for Momma and Dad for keeping you home for one more year!!! (Can I stay home too?)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)