Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cali Bound

A weeks ago, I started gearing up for our final trip to Cali.  I say final with no finality.  Two weddings in one year equals alot of expense.  Expense that my sweet husband was all too willing and glad to allow.  I forget that they are his kin as much, if not more, than they are mine.  I forget that as their brother, he hoped and wished for the day that our girls found the loves of their loves too.
Because of all of the traveling this year, we have decided to stay home bound in the next few years.  Travel will be closer to our home here, if any at all.  We have only one thing on the books for next year.  Our third oldest nephew's graduation in Salt Lake.  Other than that we will be home.  I state this because a few weeks ago, I started to think about the things I would miss about Cali.  All the places, hang outs, local eateries things like that.  What I wanted to visit this last time, to hold in my memory until we get back there again.
Now, that its tomorrow that Nae and I board a plane, I realize its not the places I will miss.  Its the people.  I have decided this morning that I'm gonna spend some real quality time with folks that matter most to me.  They will know who they are and I will know even more if/when they take the time to sit and visit.
Here's to lots of memories to hold us over!!
We're goin back to Cali, to Cali.  Goin back to Cali!!!

1 comment:

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)