Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thankful Thurday...MiliBrats Community

Okay, so if you read my last blog you will have a hint as to what my Thankful Thursday is...MiliBrats Community!!!
Okay, here's the back ground.  I have been able to reconnect with a group of people I never EVER thought I would be able to reconnect with again!! The ones that remembered who I am have been sending me friend request on FB.
One of the guys, Rob Mahan, started a GDHS Class of 1994 group.  Which is great! Because if everyone in that class could choose, we would have graduated from there as well.  Sadly, the class of '92 was the last class with the honor of graduating from George Dewey High School. It was closed down after the reckoning damage of the explosion of Mt. Pinatubo.
We have had the best time reconnecting.  Rob posted a statement the other day that went something like this..."What if this is all a dream and I wake up back in Mr. Pollard's World History class!!!"
I stopped everything I was doing at home and posted comment after comment on this status.  It was like the flood gates of memories that I pushed into a room in my head and close the door on, had just busted down said door and came rushing back!!
So many amazing people have found me, ones I thought for sure would never remember who I was.  Cut off from them and this community for so long.  I'm thankful to be a part of this elite group.  These kids know how good/hard/amazing/different it was to grow up on that base.  How life is with a Filipino mother, how different yet wonderful it was to grow up in a biracial home.
Thanks to Rob Mahan for putting me back in the loop, feels like home.  Even if the place doesn't exist anywhere but our minds and memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)