Friday, February 7, 2014

The American Dream and its ever elusive hovering out of our grasp...

I heard words this week that really devastated me.  Like took the wind right out of my sails and left me floating aimlessly with no direction.
Thank the Goddess it wasn't for long.  They were just words.  Words meant to conform us.  Bend this way, then that way.  Now tuck this up here and circle around this way.  They were just words.
As soon as I realized that, I started to feel more like me again.  I could close my eyes and feel the breeze in my sails.  I'm working up back up to steady sailing, I'll get there.  WE will get there.
They really don't know who I am.  They just have rules and laws that tell them what they can or cannot say.  Its not a personal attack or an insult.  Rather, its that they don't know any better.  Even more, its that they don't know me and hubby.
So, their loss.
Back to the drawing board.  I let myself get away too much in a the American Dream.  The Dreaming part at least. 
If its meant to be, all path will lead to it.
Bright Blessings,
Norms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)