Saturday, February 23, 2013

She is 6...how can that be?

Happy 6th Birthday Naenah Delane!!!

She turns six today.  How can that be?  It was only yesterday that we were in the hospital eagerly awaiting her arrival.  Twenty-seven hours of labor, she fought so hard to be with us.  That first forty-five seconds are still played in slow motion in my mind.  No heartbeat, no breathing.  Non-responsive.  I can hear clear as day the Peds Doctor walking through all the steps to revitalize Naenah on the other side of the curtain in our birthing room.  One short little zap to her heart and the greatest sound I have ever heard rang through the room.  Her cry.
Travis and I are forever changed by that cry.  The fact that she chose Life, and us.  How can that not leave me dumb-founded every year on her birthday.  She is the single-most real tether to what really counts in our Lives.We try to do our very best to never forget that.  
She is persistent, head-strong(thank the Goddess), curious, and kind.  Wise beyond the years she has walked this plane of existence.  She is full of Love and never shies at telling you just how much she loves you or giving the hugs to prove it.
She is our Blessings.
I pray and reflect all too often that I will do her justice.  Be what she needs.  Or, at the very least Die trying.
Ships of gold, caverns of diamonds. Those things are nothing to the richness I feel at having a chance to be Naenah's mommie.
I never thought I wanted or needed anyone to love me so unconditionally as Travis has.  So patient and persistent with his love for me.  Its made me grow into who I am.
Then, Naenah happened.
You may not believe me, that I don't know what it is to be without material things, that I don't know what I'm talking about.  Trust me, I've been there.  With nothing material-wise.  Even then I was richer than most.  Why?  Because Travis and Naenah love me.  That simple, that true.  
I'm full with Gratitude that I get to witness and participate in her growth and enrichment.  Thankful that she has a forgiving heart, just like her Daddy.  That I can make mistakes and she loves me through them.
Six years.  Wow.

I love you Naenah Delane.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet tribute :) Just imagine 10 years from now, when our daughters are 16 lol Happy Birthday to your sweet princess!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)