Thursday, February 7, 2013

Judgement its ugly and I really don't like it

I had to do a horrible thing yesterday.  I had to take a stand for myself.  How is that horrible you ask?  It meant I had to tell someone I love that they weren't treating me fairly.  Still how is that horrible you ask?  Its taken me a whole day to figure out why I was so upset over doing.  And of course, as usual, I see it when I'm enjoying Life's simple pleasures.  It came to me while I watched my daughter skip off to the playground this morning.
You see, to me, if I have to do that.  It means I have to pass judgement.  I hate passing judgement on others.  I have been victim to unfair judgement all my Life. I was a mess yesterday.  I just had to confront my dear sweet friend.  There was so much to be Joyful for these next few days, I couldn't go into them with a heavy heart. 
So, I did.  And I felt worse than I did harboring the unfair feelings.  I cried half the day.  My poor sister called to console me.  "You stood up for yourself, good for you.  You are always so hard on yourself  Norma." She cooed in my ear.
I loath people telling me how to live my Life, we are all such different spirits, it should be up to the individual.  What others see as horrible Life mistakes, I see as lessons to learn, to grow, to make a better path, to give choice.
I feel like I pass judgement when I stick up for myself.  That's it.  I know its mine to fix, after all I'm just as human.  I know its my hangup. Its still makes me feel crumby.
I'm not perfect, I don't expect others to be.  EVER.  That's just an exhausting thought.  There lied my moral dilemma.  Was it that I was passing judgement or that I was just asking to be treated fair?  My head knew it was a simple request to just be asked to be treated fair.  My heart felt it was a betrayal of my dear friends wonderful heart.
She is a wonderful person, and even though I was blubbering mess, she handled the situation with Style and Grace.  In her truly Awesome and Classy form.  I love her so much. 
Here's to the futuree and hopefully a friendship strengthened by both our efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)