Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thankful Thursday... February already!!!

Tomorrow is February 1st.  Wha?!  Didn't 2013 just start??  Where in the heck did January go??
So many things have gone on  in this month, I guess the time has slipped by me.  I looked at the calendar and was so surprised that February was knocking on the door already.
This is the month that my little girl turns 6.  I watched her walk to the playground today in sheer and utter awe, I tried to account for the last six years.  As I watched her skip away to play with her buddies, I thought, 'No way, really?'  I took a deep breath and tried to decipher what the emotions were as they surfaced.  My eyes we filled with tears, but it wasn't sadness.
That's how I knew this was going to be my topic for today.  It was Gratitude.  Its the same as it was 6 years ago, I'm still moved in Gratitude that I get to be her mom.  That I get to watch her grow.  Her first steps, her first word.  Now, being able to hear and watch her read, watch her write her name all by herself, learn how to ride a horse.  Its still Gratitude that I feel.  Truly.
Its not sadness or heartbreak, its Gratitude.
In other Thankful News...
I got to touch bases with my Momma and Daddy.  They are both still reeling at the loss of my Grandmother.  But they did sound much better this week.  It's time, that is all that can help ease the pain, best I can do is love them through it.
Talked to Charlie, Kenn and Rita this week.  I missed out on a Hello to Grin, but I know he knows I love him too.
Had a spot of time to check in with Hayley, good to connect with her.
I saw long lost friendships rekindle this week, offered words of encouragement when they were needed, giggled along with the best of them.
This week could have been way worse, and in the past I have had them.  But, with Gratitude, I don't see much of the world like that anymore.  Does it still require work?  Yes.
Life was never promised to be easy, it was promised to be worth it.
How about you??  What are you Grateful for this week?  Go on, leave me a comment, let me know what you are Grateful for.
Love, Light and Bright Blessings,
Norms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)