Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year!!! A week of relfection, BEFORE I commit to resolutions!

If there is one thing I have learned as I have gracefully gotten older (LMAO), it is that I jump too quickly into making these things called resolutions.  For the last few years, I have taken it easy on myself by way of resolutions. As a matter of fact, I don't make resolutions anymore.
Instead, I commit to improvement.  Then, I can look back on the year, see the improvements and know that I did do something for myself. Frankly, I'm just tired of the disappointment of the pass or fail of resolutions. Yes, there are so many things in Life that are Pass or Fail.  Improvement is not one of them, thank the Goddess!!
I fell ill last week, two whole days of nothing but sitting on the couch in a miserable state of ache, fever, and cough.  So lucky to have Trav there to jump in and take over the household stuff until I could rise again. 
Monday, I was back to the grind.  In a functional state.  As a mom, you never really get to the better than ever state before you're asked to man-up and get on with it. Here we are Tuesday and the only rough part is waking the heck up!!
I keep thinking to myself, I just want to wake up healthy again.
And there my friends lies the moral of the story.
I did a much better job at the end of last year being healthy.  As a result, everything fit better, I was preppier, I was happier.
So, I'm gonna go with that as improvement this year.  To be Healthier more than I was last year.  I can do that.  I'm finding that healthier is much more about habit.  Motivation gets you started, no arguments from me.  But, good habits will keep you there.  Wish me good luck.  I'm gonna change the course of habits I have.  I'm going to go from more bad to more good.
Wishing you a Blessed Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)