Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday...

  I missed last Thursday!!  Its been a buzz of activity around here.  We have had a shift in our daily Lives towards empowering my daughter to this coming school year.  That's where I was last Thursday, Kindergarten Assessment.  Its the first line of the process towards getting Naenah into school in the fall.  And a real eye-opener for this Momma. 
The actual process is very good in accessing if kids are really ready for school.  Most people we dealt with were encouraging and kind.  However, our last stop of the day, we encountered a teacher that had lost her Light.  She passed judgement on my girl without really even trying to know her.  She wanted to write her off before even giving her a shot.  Thank the Goddess for the school psychologist!!  June I'm forever in your debt!!
  I can't fix a jaded teacher.  I can, however, prepare my daughter.  Ultimately, her education is still my responsibility.  I'm grateful I learned this much sooner than later. I think this is the thing I'm most grateful in this last week.  There were several emotions that rolled through before I got to this one, but I'm so glad that I got to this one.  I'm grateful that Gratitude prevails in my mind set.
  I took four day, three and a half really, out of my Life and read the Hunger Game series.  Man.  Storytelling is beautiful, so fluid to read.  It made for a quick, easy to follow read time.  The characters are so well developed, its easy to make them come to Life and know them as true beings.  Collins has done a rather wonderful job.  However, there are not many happy moments in this series.  These books are very emotionally charged, sad and filled with so much dis pare.  Just when you think that these heroes can't possibly take any more, something else gets thrown at them.  I was so emotionally drained by the end, the final twist was the most upsetting.  These are YA books!!! 
  Why is this on my Thankful Thursday list??  Well, I have learned something about myself here.  And a bit about others.  I'm Thankful for that, and can appreciate how others can view the world through the books the read as entertainment.  This series is not entertainment to me.  This informative, heartbreaking. And really, not at all happy and fun.
  I wonder how some can live Life so unhappy.  How its so hard for some to see the world in a happy, healthy light.  If this is the stuff that the general public reads as entertainment, I have a clearer understanding as to why Happiness and Gratitude are so hard for some to understand.
  In other News...
Middle Sissy and her hubby bought a house!!!!  Yay for them!!  Home ownership is a Big Girl thing.  It still scares the heck out of hubby and I.  I'm sure we're due for that sort of responsibility soon.  I'm so excited for her though.  Its times like this that I wish I was closer to my girls.
  I got to skype with baby sissy yesterday, for a long time!!  We talked about nothing and everything and it was good to just hang out.  Nae made her giggle with her silly antics.  It times like these  wish I was closer to my girls.
I got to skype with Momma on her new iPad2.  She's still learning her way around it, but man is it good to be able to just skype when ever and not have to wait for one of the girls with a web cam to go up and visit.  Now, if we could just get Grammy on board, Nae could see her every week as well!!
  Spring Break next week!!  So Nae and I get a break from watching the little boy we help out with on school days.  We have some painting and stuff around the house to do, but I'm hoping for days at the library, park and on the front porch too!!!
  Your turn.
  I hope that your path is Lighted in Gratitude.
Bright Blessings,
Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)