Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday...

  So, its that time of the week again!!!  Happy Thursday!!  or Happy Friday Eve!!  As my baby brother (sister's hubby) would say!!
  Noticed a lot of Negative Nancies on all my social feeds in the last few weeks.  With the economy in the dumps and the price of gas rising to "oh so scary".  I can see how the tunnel could feel Lightless. 
  However, like anything else in our Lives, our points of view are our choice.  I post on this blog weekly as a reminder to myself that a Life in Gratitude may not always be easy, but its still my choice.  If someone else happens upon in it and can take something from it, then its done its job twofold.
  We have family friends here in our little town that happily donated a lightly used, outgrown girls bike to Nae for her birthday.  So, my first Thankful image that comes to mind is of my Sweetness on that bike.  Its taken her a few days to grow comfortable on it, its still a pretty slow go.  BUT, yesterday I watched confidence grow and weave itself into her little personality.  The look on her face as "too fast" went from scary to exhilarating.  She took two pretty big spills and there was no crying, she just got back up and hopped back on.  I said it on my FB status last night.  She's my hero and I hope to be like her when  I grow up.
  My dad got my mom an iPad2, and we have been Skyping.  If you have ever been away from family, Skyping eases the ache of Homesickness.  Nae loves showing LeeLee all of the stuff she's gotten for her birthday.
  My baby sister was up for a visit with my folks.  I got to Skype with her too.  Her hubby has been away on a business trip, so I'm grateful that my parents were around this week to be with her.  I hate being away from hubby, so I've been checking on her too.  She got to go to dinner with her Bestie she hasn't seen in awhile last night.  I love that good friends withstand the tests of time.
  Connected with middle sister too this week.  She too is learning and Living a Life in Gratitude.  Her and her hubby have had a rough go of it in this past year.  Yet, they trudge through.  Holding onto each other as tight as possible.  This week has had a few breakthroughs for them, I'm Grateful that Life is agreeing with them for even a single moment.
  Nae has been showered with gifts of Love from just about everyone in the family.  We are incredibly Humbled by all the Love all our family has showered us with.  Hubby and I have taken a stroll down memory lane thinking of all our family that have sent Love this last week.
  There is a ton more, but really, this is enough reading for one blog.
Happy Thursday!!!!
P.S.  A few shout outs to Girlfriends....Cindy, I hope is well!!  Thinking of you, can't wait to see you back up on FB after Lent!!  Kaci, Emmy is amazing!!  LOVE all the family updates!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I got a mention - strangely, i've just posted about my time off FB - and of the few poeple i've missed on there, you are one of them. I love hearing stories about your family. Reminds me so much of mine. I really should post more about them. So glad to hear skyping is helping the homesickies. I can't imagine being away from my family. And i am so super duper excited to see kaci in 3 days!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with those girls in O-Hi-O!!! Of course you got a mention!! :) Can't wait to hear all about it!!

      Delete

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)