Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday....Realization.

Living a Life in Gratitude has its challenges.  What I noticed changed the most for me, was that I went from worrying about what I keep doing wrong to seeing the things, even the little things, that are right about my Life.
I have forever been beating myself up over the things I do wrong.  The stuff I just can't get right.  The same things that keep coming back because I keep getting a step wrong.  I beat myself up mentally over those things.  What 's great about Gratitude is it really does change your attitude.  HAHAHAHAHA!! 
But seriously it does.  If you could take one whole entire minute of your day and think of the things that your are grateful for in that day, what would they be??  There is absolutely no way that after that minute, you would not be in a lighter mood.
If I haven't stopped myself in the week, I get to Thursday to write this post and I sit and think about the week.  I get a little lighter every time.
Nothing is too little, or mundane, or weird, or outrageous to be Thankful for...nothing.
I baked a chocolate cake this week and it made Trav and Nae smile with glee and excitement.
I text my wonderful aunt Thank you for the coffee she sent me.
I got to sit and have a meal with my dad, who drove seventy-one miles out of route to visit with us for a few hours.
I did Holiday arts and crafts with Nae, I did a lot of watching her in awe of how much she's grown.
I held my husband's hand as we both fell asleep one night this week.
I text my brother to let him know I was thinking about him in his job interview and that I love him.
I got to talk to my baby sister, well, she did more of the talking.  I just cried a lot because I miss her.
I talked to my middle sister on her way to work to catch up on her and her ongoings.
I text my other brother and he never has a problem filling me in on how my baby sister is.
I got to Skype with my family, they got to say Good night to Nae
You see, nothing is too little to be Thankful for.

Now, you try.

Bright Blessings and Happy Thursday!!

7 comments:

  1. You are right it is hard to live like that but it can be so right as well. Hope that makes sense. =)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does make sense!! LOL But, you and your family have had your lessons on Gratitude. I can't wait for Lily!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's the work I'm in where it's always always always about the details, that when I get to stop working, and get home and live life? It's so much easier to see big picture. And the big picture always screams at me, "There's nothing too wrong that can't be made right." Life is so, so short that dwelling and loitering in bad places, on bad events, on bad choices is just plain silly. It helps when other bloggers write things like this to keep us always in check. Thanks for my check today.

    I'm blog hopping and found your comment left somewhere along the way, and decided to stop in. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tooje, Thanks for stopping. Pleasure to have you, Love that you took a minute to post a comment. Your welcome for the check, I'm more grateful that you stopped by. Happy Thursday to you as well, hope to see you around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea and concept. It is very hard to live by, and just as hard to hear as a recipient. How did we have a culture where hearing appreciation is ahard thing? Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't have to just be a concept or idea. Start small. Pick one thing your thankful for before you close your eyes at night to sleep.
    We don't get to Lives of Gratitude over night. With as much as your family has been through, just start small. Before you know it, it grows and you see it foster happier spots in Life when everything else seems gloomy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful perspective and a great way to go about yuor day! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)