Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The best one yet...

Well, it has come and gone.  It was pretty fast this year.  But this year, Nae and I got the best gift ever.  Trav took four whole days off of work, we had him at home for the 23rd-the 26th.  It was amazing.  I will beg and plead for him to take these days off from now on, as long as he is in this Field of work.  Its a slow time of year anyway and his boss was so willing to let him have the time.
Nae and I were a pretty spoiled couple of girls having his undivided attention for that long.  We were sitting watching a movie last night, she was in his lap.  I heard her say quietly,"I'm going to miss you when you go back to work Daddy."  She squeezed him really tight.  Trav hugged her back strong to his side.
We are so fortunate to have family that showers our girl with gifts this time of year.  It's quite ridiculous the amount of gifts one small child received this year.  Trav and I don't do much for each other.  I would rather fill the cupboards and feast on wonderful things than for him to spend an absurd amount on a ring or necklace I rarely wear.  So we focus a bit on Nae, fill the kitchen and belly's with yummys, lock ourselves in and stay in PJs.
Looking back on this one, I must say it was the most magical yet.  We are more aware of our Kansas surroundings, comfortable in our sweet little home.  And those four uninterrupted days with the two most important people in my Life have made this the best Holiday yet.  That, is the gift I won't ever forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)