Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Life's Ups and Downs

My hubby and I have been through quite a few of these patterns in our lives.  Both together and apart.  Our apart years are slowly growing way out numbered by our together years.  We met when we were nineteen years old.  Two completely different childhoods, two ways of looking at the world.  We bashed heads for a few of our first years together, thank the Goddess he's a patient man.
I have learned so much from him.  I can't even imagine not having him by my side.
He was a little shocked the other day when we were in the throngs of a discussion, and I told him that his gift of calmness and patience is what most people would die to have.  That I have been trying to learn that from him for the last 15 years!!
Just in the last few weeks, we have had quite a few friends get hit with devastating news.  Some of the news are things we could never imagine happening to us, other news, we've been through and are now looking at life on the other side.
I see alot of the reactions to the things that are coming from these folks from the news.  I wonder how different the reactions would be if the went through the process in a positive light instead of negative.
I told a friend the other day, because she was worried about being too negative about her situation, that it only becomes negative when it no longer helps you to heal, when its excessive.
We were given emotions to help us through our plights, not to restrain from using them. So often we believe that we have to restrain from using our emotions, when in fact the gift of emotion is what helps us heal.It was a very difficult thing changing our point view to a positive one, it is hard to stay on track sometimes.  I find now, more times than not, putting myself back on the positive train, than jumping off.  I can promote this way of thought and life all I want, but those who want it have to be open to it.
You have to want that change, keep yourself in check.  Fall down and allow yourself a minute to regroup, then pick up and get going again.
Are you up for that?  Can you give yourself that?  I can't answer that for you, the first step is yours to take.  What I can promise is if you decide to take this leap, bounty will abound sweet friend, bounty will abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)