Thursday, February 10, 2011

thankful thursday.....thanks a lot Animal Planet!!

It is the nature of the beast.  Literally.  My daughter LOVES this channel.  But man was she pissed that that Tiger ate the Zebra!! OMG, the kid was livid!  Then came the tears.  She was beside herself.  Am I upset she saw it? No.  I know her heart broke to see this happen.
I explained to her that in the wild tigers eat zebra so they can be healthy and strong.  "Really?" she said.
"Yup, I know that its hard to see and to hear but that is how it happens.", I told her. My heart ached a bit. But I followed it with., "But at the zoo, the zookeeper feeds them steak,"
Would you believe it?, she was good with that!!
The Thankfulness comes from the lesson, that although, I would love to shelter my girl from all things bad...I can't.  I can help her understand, but I don't think it would be right to let go on without knowing.
Yeah, she's only four.  There just so much of it she understands.  I'm gonna try and help her with the rest.
Norms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)