Friday, December 17, 2010

A post that most probably won't read, but I'm gonna write it anyway!

So, for a wonderful Christmas present to myself yesterday, I decided that I was going to go over the appliance store in town and pick out a brand spanking new washer and dryer!! Yup, I was going to over spend and get a new set to last us quite a few years.  Nae and I went in, looked around and found just the set, made by Whirlpool...my favorite!
We got out my wallet, paid and had the boys pick them up on their way home from work.  After some squeezing, bruised knuckles, and a lot of laughing, they got them down into the basement for me.  I took my time and hooked them up, just so EXCITED to do the first load.
I started the load at around 7:30 last night.  I tried to do four loads of laundry, one load, I did twice.  The washer refused to cycle all the way through to rinse and spin.  It would "sense" to fill the water level correctly (all the damn HE machines are like this!!) go to wash and then turn off......yeah, I know!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!
I would have to turn the washer back on and turn it to "DRAIN & SPIN" to get the water out of it!! I fought with this damn washer until 1 am this morning.  I read through the hook up instructions three times, got on google to see if I missed anything.  How on this green, beautiful earth did I end up buying a washing machine, NEW, mind you, that does not work?!!!! Hubby's grandma will tell you that its because our last name is.....%($%*%&##@!!  I would have to agree at this point.
I woke up this morning after tossing and turning so mad that (1) I spent good money on a machine, (2) cut into date night for Chad and his wife (3) and now it doesn't even work.  I was stewing....just waiting to call the appliance store when they opened to demand another machine.
At least that was the plan when I called the store.  I got the owner of the store first off.  He told me he was gonna look into what I had bought yesterday and call me back in thirty minutes.  He did just that, I told him I didn't want anyone out here to fix a NEW washer that I wanted a new one.  We started to trouble shoot and what do you know??? In these new machines, there is a sensor on the drain valve on the drain pipe (yes I'm telling you this!! Even if you don't care!! Stop reading then if it hurts to use that part of your brain!! LOL ) if the drain pipe is not three feet above the ground, it won't calibrate for the load!!!! Therefore....not moving on to the next part of the cycle!!!!! 
And did that say that anywhere on the instructions???!!!!! NOPE!!! On any of the Internet stuff I poured over  last night???!!! NOPE!!
So now, the machine that I have loathed for the last twelve hours.....I am now totally in love with!!! I love her, I hope she last a long while.  Nothing like a girl and her washing machine.
And the lesson???  Last night I got off of FB with this post "has nothing nice to say, so before I say something really mean, I will log off.  I hope everyone else is having a good evening."
I have the most amazing FB buddies, they all checked in, hoping that I was okay, wishing me a better night.
If I would have gone off on a rant last night.....I would have felt REALLY stupid this morning after the fix!! Rolling On The Floor Laugh My Ass Off!!!!
This is the MagicalMundaneMaddness lesson of the week, patience....see it through.  Now that I have, I can LAUGH all I want. 
In my 20's I would have ran off at the mouth for a whole day, now, I know better!!
Thanks for being patient with me guys and gals!!
Norms

1 comment:

  1. Oh man how frustrating!!! Glad it work correctly now though! YEA!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)