Friday, December 10, 2010

Thankful Thursdays......My Sister.....Shauna.

Yes, its late...I know. Happy Friday!
Fifteen years ago, I met and started dating my now hubby.  I was his first girlfriend, he wanted us to be exclusive.  No dating others, just him and I.  Having had a little more dating experience than he did, I didn't think it was a good idea at the time.  I thought he should keep his options open, not get to serious.  Right, that following Easter I was heading to Salt Lake City to meet his family for the 1st time.  I was nervous about meeting his family, he eased the meeting. 
I ended up staying up all night talking to his only other sibling, his older sister Shauna.  I told about my fears about me being his first girlfriend , her response "My brother is pretty loyal Norma, once he decides your the one, that's it.  He doesn't need to date any one else.  I think your stuck with us!"  She laughed so hard, it was contagious, I have loved her ever since. (Well, the whole family....okay!! Hubby too!! )
Shauna is the rock of her family, she's raised four men.  All with manners, and intelligence.  Her path has been rough to say the least, but just today, she called me.  Why? To make sure that I was doing okay in the transition of moving.  She has taken time out to call for as long as I can remember.  I need to hear her voice today, choking back homesickness that was looming over me was going to be a doozy.  But , her call helped ease the pain.
I'm grateful, and thankful for you Shauna! Love you!!

Sis, Jade, Trey, Craig and the Nae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)