Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thankful Thursdays....Craig James Cox

This young man is my oldest nephew, Craig James (after my hubby) Cox.
He is who I am grateful for this Thursday.
He's spending the Holiday Season in the middle of the deserts in Afghanistan serving in the US Army.
He posted a picture of my daughter on FB recently, the caption: "One of the many reasons I'm here defending my country."
Now, how in the hell do you not suck in air and fall to your knees crying after reading that?!!
I responded to his post with:, "And I will be forever in your debt for the sacrifice your making to keep her safe."
His response to that?  "I would do it again, in a heart beat."
I met this kid when he was seven years old.  To say that I'm in awe of the person he has become today is a TOTAL understatement.
I miss him something awful and horrible, I count the days until he's back home, on solid US ground,  in his mom's arms.
I'm so grateful and thankful for you Craig!!
I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)