Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Loss.....

I have a foreboding feeling I cannot shake.  Since my last sorrow-filled entry, I have been witness to another husband taken form his family.  The sweet little girls are so young that the memory of Daddy will have to be something that Mom and all the ones that loved him will have to fill in for them.  So young, too soon.

Others close to me, in these last few weeks, have lost aunts, uncles, grandparents and mothers.  It is a reality that is sometimes hard to face.  I am now approaching an age where death is just as common as new Life.  It makes this tiny little blog mean that much more to me.  I've noticed that in times of Happy and Sad, I have turned to this blog as an outlet.  It has never failed me.  Thank you for that.

I try to help heal bodies all week long.  Life in its purest, most raw form.  Breathing in and breathing out. It is a wonder to me how the human body can support in all different forms, yet how fragile it really is.  What it can hide from the outside world.

Robin Williams left our plane of Living today.  It is said he took his own Life.  Do you know how many Lives that man touched?  How much Brightness he brought to the world.  Yet, he was terribly sad on the inside.  He fought a constant battle internally the world knew nothing about.  All that Light he inside, it was still dimmed by depression.  Where even though he knew who Loved him, his special people still couldn't help him enough to dig him out of it.

I think he was too hard on himself.  I think he demanded things of himself no one on earth could live up to. To what end to we keep holding ourselves to standards that are unattainable? To death? To illness of both mind and body?

This man had kindness and compassion for everyone he met.  But he was unable to give it to himself.  How?

We need to stop being so hard on ourselves.  We need to give our souls compassion and kindness.

And here is where Gratitude plays in....

If you can look out into the World and have Gratitude, it gives back and resonates in your very being.  If at your very core all you want is to Love and Help, that is what you will get in return.  That doesn't mean that Life isn't going to throw you curve balls.  It means that Life is waiting to see how you handle them.

At my very basic belief platform, I have to believe that Grief, Heartache, Pain, and Loss  are trials to Happiness and Gratitude.  These roads are rocky, hard and unrelenting.   They can seem endless.  I can only imagine that the way we get out of them is One Thankful moment to the next, minute to minute, day by day.

~Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)