Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving, the biggest day for Gratitude.

Thanksgiving is the one day of the year that all my Thankful Thursday post are about.  This Thanksgiving was off to a pretty rough start, then it took another turn and got even bumpier (is that a word?), I started to worry, really worry.  Then, I found that place in my mind where the stillness helps me see the situation calm enough to see the Gratitude.
I realized it was a rough patch for me and my little family, but what was awesome is I never really let it ruin things.
So, with out completely boring you with details, I will tell you the most immediate things I'm super grateful for on this very day of Thanksgiving:

That Hubby got to come home and sleep in his own bed, even though he is on his week rotation of 24/7s. That the work held off so that he could enjoy our yearly tradition of cinnamon rolls and ham steak and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  That he got to sit and have our meal together with us.That some of his co-workers rallied around him and his partner and were willing to take a shift so that these boys could get some much needed rest.
Thank you John for looking out for Trav.  Thank you Sara for steping in to provide relief.  Thank you Ben for being on stand-by.

That I, as well as Trav, could be here to provide relief for a pukey kid at 6 this morning.  That puked again, and again and again.
That she finally stopped puking.  That she smiled through dinner and chatted it up even though she wasn't all that hungry.
That her spirit never even darkens when she is feeling pretty dang gum bad.

That my sisters and all my Fam are keeping my Homesickness at bay by Skyping, calling and texting all through out the day.

That my FB family is so supportive and loving.

That friends that I have made here in our little town will come to aid if we need anything at all.

I just THANKFUL.  Just so damn Thankful. 

Tearfully Grateful,
Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)