Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday...Heart Strings.

Do you ever get that feeling of a dawning of an idea?  One that has finally come full circle and you are just now getting all the signs to realize it?  I had a moment like that today, so early in the day.  I knew it had to be what I wrote about for Thankful Thursday.

Back story: When Trav and I were pregnant with Naenah.  We tried to think of things to do that would give us a good strong bond with her, even In utero.  As soon as we knew her sex, we started calling her by her name.  Kick counts were family play time, Gimli (our pup at the time) and Trav would play, wrestle, and bark.  Naenah would kick around in my belly in time to their playing. Trav would take time to talk to her, she would swoosh around to the sound of her voice.
A family friend's mom does hypno-therapy.  In her hand of therapies, she had Hypno-Birthing.  I had done the research and Trav and I together decided that it would be a better route for us rather than Lamaze.
So, with open minds, with went to our first session. One of the very first exercises is  attaching Heart Strings to one another, and the baby.  It was the closest thing to physical magic I had ever experienced.  I could feel a tie between my husband and I.  Then attaching the stings of our hearts to Naenah, I could literally feel the tug on the "String". To let us know she was participating, she did a little dip and swoosh in there.  Amazing.
It brought us so much closer, even before she made her physical appearance in the world.  It gave Trav and I that much more of a solid bond with each other AND with her.

The Strings are constantly being tugged on.  Almost like an embedded mechanism to "check" our connectivity with one another.
Our morning ritual of saying good-bye before school brought those Heart Strings back into check this morning.  We hug and kiss good-bye(thank the Goddess she still lets me have those and is not embarrassed yet), then she takes off on her little walk to the playground, stops half way through, turns around and blows me a kiss as I blow her one.  We both catch them, PUT THEM TO OUR HEARTS, then put the kiss in our pockets.  This is not a thing I have taught my girl, as a matter of fact, SHE showed me how to catch the kiss and put it in my pocket.
An act of Heart Strings.  We have never talked about that bond with her, but here we are.....She Just Knows.

My heart and heart stings, swell with  Gratitude.  Some things you just don't have to say in words, she just knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)