Monday, August 13, 2012

The end of her days of no school responsibility....

This last weekend was the very last weekend that Naenah, Travis and I will ever have with school-less responsibility.  It didn't even dawn on me really until yesterday morning.  Trav and Nae went outside while he was grilling to give me a few minutes of quiet myself.  I was gonna sit inside with my Nook, but realized that this was her last weekend before school.
I went outside to sit and be near my family pod.  I found Him pulling her around in her red wagon, all over the yard.  I think he realized it too.  I made mention to him of my thoughts and he nodded his head in approval, sadness in his eyes.  I sat and just listened to the sounds of their giggling.
As Naenah ages, I see why so many family have more than one child.  To give them siblings, to teach them about positions in the family, to fill a home.  I think the one that stands out the most at the moment is to keep this pending sadness at bay.  This is the stuff that is rough on a parent.  As the time nears for her first day of school, I find myself getting more and more emotional.
I always thought that growing up and becoming responsible sucked as a kid.  This?  This is worse!!!  LOL
I know that we will all move forward, that everything we deal with is part of her Life's path, as well as ours.  Its the end of an era in our household, one my family and Trav's have marked with Joy.  Again, I'm so grateful to be a part of her Life.  To have a hand in what sort of a person she will stand up and be.  Its no little feat, nor is it something to take so seriously we forget to teach her to be Happy.
She is beyond excited, I will do all I can to keep her in that mind frame.

I am Blessed.

5 comments:

  1. I hope she is always happy and excited to go to chool! Thinking about you all this week.
    Love, Tata and Grin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so bittersweet...hang in there Momma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!!! Uggh, this is the hard stuff. I will do as you say and Hang In there!! I know its worth it in the end. Thanks Kaci!!

      Delete
  3. Thinking so much about you guys and send you our love! I remember crying every first day from kindergarden through high school... so happy she's excited and can't believe she's old enough for school! I love you, Ate!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)