Friday, February 17, 2012

Reflection...

  In the last few weeks, I have have an amazing chance to just sit and visit with my mom.  The last few times we were in Cali visiting, we had mission upon mission to fulfill for Bridal showers, Bachelorette parties, and weddings.  We were constantly on the go, visiting in between when we could. 
  With mom here the last few weeks, its been great to really sit and visit proper.  She gets a glimpse of our daily lives and gets to really "see" if we are okay.  My parents are funny like that.  They're so supportive, our move was a good move to them.  They just like seeing the town and knowing the ongoings.  I'm okay with that.  Its nice to have them interested enough to want to know.
  I have grown a lot as an individual in the last year and a half away from my sisters and mom.  We as a family, have had more time together living in close proximity than most families ever get in their entire lives.  I have lived with or close to my sisters for the better part of my thirty-six year old life.  Yup, I just revealed my age there. 
  My mom went back to work when I was nine.  Old enough to care for my sisters, whom are younger than me and my dad when he would get home from work.  That was when the poor guy wasn't on deployment for months on end in the middle of an ocean somewhere.
  I have known my mom as a peer, an adult, for most of my life.  She would stand in as a Mom when she had to, but we have a relationship that is more about leaning on one another than mother/daughter.  I had resentment that my childhood was cut short to help raise her family.  But, as time had gone on, and as I started to see what negativity was doing to my Life, I have had a chance to let it go.  That, and a good solid six months of therapy sessions. :)
  What I'm trying to say is, this has been a really good visit.  No rehashing things in the past, just a stroll  down memory lane.  A lot of giggling, and good crying.  As much as I'm not looking forward to seeing her leave for home, I think about when she goes.  Instead of sadness and tears, I think I will be wrapped up in the fact that she go tot visit and be happy and grateful in fact that I got to spend some good quality time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)