Friday, May 6, 2011

Our trips to the big city....

So, if you have never been to KS or anywhere in the US other than the Coasts.  Most of the rest of America is pretty spread out.  Yes, there are places to live, beautiful places, that are 30-60 minutes away from major shopping!!  And, that is where me and my sweet little family live.  45 minutes outside of Wichita, that is where you will find the little town that we live in.  You take two different two lane highways to arrive in a City where we do most of our major shopping.  Thanks to my Gran, her and Pop lived out a ways away from town in Cali. I have been able to watch and learn how to prepare for living this far out from an affordable grocery store.  Don't get me wrong, we have a little hometown store for when we run out of milk, eggs, bread.  But as a young family, its too expensive to buy it all in town.
So, off to the City we go.
I explain this, because today is a City day!!! Nae and I usually do the shopping on a week day when Hubby/Daddy is working his ten hour day.  It fills the time and I get a lot accomplished on those days.  Every so often, about every two months, We wait for Daddy and he goes with us on a Friday night.  We go have dinner, shop and are home at a pretty late hour.  But then the weekend is free and clear.
With Mother's Day on Sunday, Hubby wanted to do the Grocery shopping for me.  He also wanted to pick out the things he will be making for my Mother's Day.  When I say my Mother's day, I mean I get Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner!! Yep, the whole day is a relax day for me.  I get up out of bed and take my little family on a longer walk.  We come home, and I proceed to have Breakfast, Snacks all day (my favorite thing to do on lazy days!!), and a wonderful dinner & dessert.
Nae looks forward to City Days with Daddy.  It changes up our routine a bit.  I get to ride on her excitement, it is nice going into the City with the whole family. Even if its for errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)