Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The events that transpire, and how they make us better people... My Thanksgiving Post.

I have had a few Life challenges to get through the last couple of days.  I've noticed that when I go on the defensive, have to defend against something I think is wrong, it feeds a part of me the is ugly and negative.  It can make me feel ill.  For a few short hours, in the aftermath, it did.  Headache, tummy roll, tension in the shoulders.  I wanted to cook to relieve the stress, but I'm a firm believer that if I cook feeling that way, the emotions could very well manifest in the food.  Last thing I want my family eating is more hate and negative.
So, Hubby cooked, and I stepped away and calmed down.  I went to work and helped another human.  That human, the wonderful person they are, helped me.  We giggled, and laughed and were honest with each other as I did what I do best, helped improve quality of life.
That did the trick.  I came home and was in a way better place. Until I opened up FB and fed into some other human's negative.  I was vulnerable and I let that nasty stuff that they were spewing get to me.  And I went to bed mad, upset, angry and resentful.  I woke up this morning thinking.
If that person's posts were so strong in hate to me, that I went to bed like that, how on Earth is that poor human Living?!!  If they are in that process of thought all the time, what kind of horrible things are they attracting to themselves?  To the people they love?  My heart then ached for them.
So, I made a very conscious choice, to be Happy, and Grateful.  To change it.  My Life is not for anyone else to ruin or control.  Are there circumstances that may lead to temporary road blocks? Yes.  Do have days where I feel a bit down? Yes. Is it harder some days to choose Gratitude and Happy? Sure. The longer I stay in a Positive, Grateful mindset, the easier it is to stay there.
But, I can change my attitude.  By changing that, I can change the way my Life sways.  Then you get to see Magic.  When you change, others change.  You appreciate the ones you love most, and they see it.  Then, because they see it, they reciprocate.  Its an endless, Beautiful cycle. 

I am Thankful all year long.  Thanksgiving means more to me than most.  It has its very own meaning to me.  Its one day in a year that I can say, "I do this all year long!". I'm so proud when  look back at the year and see that YES!!! I did it! I had many more Thankful days than crappy ones!!  Its the day I get to pat myself on the back and do a quiet cheer that I didn't take a year in vain.  I spent it doing the things that brought Happy to me and mine.
I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.  I hope you see the Gratitude in the holiday and everyday.  If you agree, pass the note along. 
Bright Blessings,
Norms


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)