Friday, January 28, 2011

Thankful Thurdays.....Charles Moore, My dad.

We had the most amazing surprise from my dad a few weeks ago. As a cross country truck driver, Pop is always gone from home.  Twenty years before that he was in the Navy on carriers in the middle of the worlds oceans keep our country safe for twenty years.
Daddy never realy had much time at home, as a kid I couldn't understand it. Hated it.  Want a dad that was like all the other dads, that got to be at home.  Watch t-ball games and dance recitals.
As an adult, and having move to the middle of America, I can completely understand why he did it.
He loved us enough to take care of us, even if it meant he had to be miles and miles away.
We got to take advantage of his travels, a few weeks ago when his delivery route actually brought him up the highway one hundred yards away from our front door, in the middle of Kansas!!
Granted it was only a two hours visit, I made him breakfast, he got to see Nae.
I think he feels better now, knowing where we live, that we are okay.
I get a call from him every week, we bullshit really, but I enjoy it.
I'm thankful for the time he takes, I'm thankful for my dad.
Love you Pop.

1 comment:

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)