Monday, January 17, 2011

A different approach to the "new year, new me"

Like everyone at this time of year, I too have been doing the soul searching to rededicate myself to a healthy better lifestyle.  I have done this over and over again as I'm sure that most have over the years.  I can honestly say that in all the years I've tried to talk myself into a "new" me there has only been maybe three years total that I can honestly say that I've followed through with the dedication.
I resisted this year in making any "resolution plans".  Yup, you read that correctly.  I didn't make any resolutions this year.  The way I'm beginning to see it is like this:  The resolve that I lack every year to carry out what I make in "plans" is missing something.  Still, as I write this, I can't tell you exactly what I'm missing.  But, what I can tell you is I'm refusing to make plans that I won't live up to or be able to meet.  To me, it just reaps disappointment and heartache at the end of the year when I should be enjoying my family time.
Instead, I gonna take it one day at a time.  I'm going to set goals for a better me in one-day-at-a-time increments.  Did I do the things I wanted to today? For a better me? For improved health? 
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is untold.  Today, the present, that is what I can exist in. Today is what I can contribute to.
Bright Blessings,
Norms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)