Thursday, November 18, 2010

Well, here I sit.  In Kansas.  In our new home, which, by the way, is a great old house.  Its been rented and rented and rented and not really loved.  She was dirty, sad and smelly.  I have been a busy girl trying to make her smile a bit.  I want her to know that we are here to live with her, not in her, that I'll do my best to love her while we live here. She has the potential to be one of  the prettiest houses on the street, with a lot of love from her tenants.
I can only do so much right at the moment though, our moving van is on delay.  There is so much to do, in my head.  Sitting here, knowing that there is alot to do is driving me nuts!! I have all these illusions of grandeur for this cute house, i want to get started making it our home. 
I need slow down, it really is already our home.  We lay our heads here to sleep, albeit on the floor right now, but I can honestly say that sleep comes fast, without worry, and I have a clam sense that we are as safe as can be.
Hubby is like a little boy at his new job! He comes home smiling from ear to ear, dirty and tired, but as happy as can be.  The weather makes him the happiest, he came home yesterday to tell me that he was out in the elements and witnessed the first snow.  It was too warm for it to stick but to see how happy he is, that I can't even imagine putting a price on that look.
So, as frustrated as I might be at our stuff not being here yet, I need to remember that it can far worse for this little family than it really is.
I am grateful and Blessed
Norms

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys are happy!! I felt like that with our house now...it needed a lot of TLC and now I love it. =) Well I don't love the weeds around it but inside is just right.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)