Monday, November 22, 2010

All the little things....

As much as I try to be the person who can walk away from material things, I guess that this last two weeks has proved that I can't.  We, as a family, do not have very many possessions.  What we do have, we have saved for.  Its the things that make life at home, more comfortable.  Things that we thought out so that we could spend less in the long run on going out, to eat or for entertainment.
We have just spent two entire weeks with out our stuff.  Moving from California to Kansas was a big step for this little family of three.  We knew it would be an adjustment, it just would have been nice to start adjusting, instead of living in limbo for the last two weeks.  We've been sleeping on the floor, using plastic utensils and paper plates.  Cooking all our meals on a two burner electric stove top. A coffee pot, and crock pot, one pan and one pot, two coffee mugs.
Hubby was gracious enough to go along with me packing the computer in the car, along one satellite TV receiver.  Man, we are both SO happy we did that!!  Yet, even with the comforts we had I found myself crawling the walls.  I'm disappointed in myself.  I really thought that I could be okay with out stuff, turns out I'm just as bad as the next gal.
I could talk myself off the ledge and try to rationalize the way I feel...That it's okay to have creature comforts, that basic living necessities are different than luxury items, that there are just things you need to survive, that if it was a natural disaster that took my stuff I would see it differently.  In the end, its still stuff and I'm attached to it.
The Movers are due today, Between 9am and 12 noon.  Sure, I'm excited to sleep in my own bed.  What I'm absolutely elated about having back?  My can opener!!  Naenah's Dresser for her clothes!!!  The microwave!!  Those little things that you forget and miss so much when their gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)