Thursday, November 25, 2010

Feeling out of the loop....Homesickeness Sucks!

If there are alot of things that my family is not, the one thing that they are is supportive.  When Trav and I told everyone we were gonna have a baby, one, my sister freaked out and moved out immediately, two, were so stinking excited to have a baby to fawn over.  For the last three years, Naenah has been the center of the holidays for family that was close enough to make dinner.  I have had a packed house for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve (Noche Buena), Christmas brunch and Christmas dinner. 
I got spoiled too.  Being able to have my family near at holiday functions was an amazing thing, even if I ended up exhausted for the next two weeks.  It was worth it.  Moving to Kansas has been an eye opener for me.  I got used to having all those so close to Nae and I, well.....close.
One of my FB friends said it the best, I felt lost.  A fish out of water.  Sure, I made a dish and had an amazing time at our Thanksgiving this year.  But, it felt a little weird not being the one running around mad!! I can say that it wasn't an unpleasant experience, but different none the less.
With Yule looming in the back ground, I'm desperate to get back to having it our way at home.  It'll be on a much smaller scale, with it being just the three of us.  But as homesick as I am now, I know that it will be a good Yule.
I have alot of plans, I hope that hubby is ready!!
Norms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)