Saturday, June 14, 2014

Father's Day

I never expected, eighteen years ago, to have the opportunity to watch, my then boyfriend, now husband, grow into one of the most heartfelt fathers I have ever met.  He's really good at it.  I'm so proud to call him my husband, Naenah's Daddy.

Yesterday was a day in the city with my two Lovies.  We ran around getting things and doing things that Daddy wanted to do.  Man, it was fun.  At lunch, we were sitting in the restaurant waiting for our food,  Nae asked her Dad to read out loud to her from the book she had brought.  It was a Star Wars Clone Wars book.  The content to me was irrelevant.  It was the love with which he read and answered her questions that made my heart swell. There was so much Love there.  It was a truly special moment, a glow of Father/Daughter Love.  I tell you it brings me to my knees I'm Grateful to have witnessed it.

A few weeks back I watched Trav go through his day, up a 4:30 to workout and get ready for, out to work a ten hour day.  That day, Naenah's new bunk bed arrived.  She begged and pleaded with him to put it together for her that night.  I had to run off to the Studio for my evening appointments, I had decided it was between them to figure out when they would put it together.  I arrived home around 9:45 to find my husband grumbling through the last parts of the build.  I was tired, I couldn't even imagine how exhausted he was.  I rallied and gathered the mattresses and sheets and put it all together so that Nae could have her first night in her first bunk bed ever.

He was surly, and tired, but the minute she crawled up there and smiled at him...His heart melted.  All that grumpiness disappeared and the grin that replaced it was Priceless. 11:30 he finally laid his head down to sleep, only to do it all again the next day, well, minus the bunk bed.  That is the kind of guy he is.  I can speak for both Nae and I when I say, I'm so lucky that he is ours.

They say the Life truly is a Journey.  That it's not really how you arrive at the end, but what you learned along the way.  The last eighteen years have most certainly been interesting, with our own twists and struggles.  I wouldn't change any of it.  With the passing of each year and the lessons that come with it, I fall more and more in Love with him.

By the Goddess, may I never forget how awesome it is to have a guy  like this by my side.

Happy Father's Day everyone.  Bright Blessings, Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)