Monday, April 11, 2011

15 years, 8 of that married....I love him as though it was just yesterday.

On the day I married my hubby eight years ago, we had been living together/dating for exactly seven years. On the day that I married him, I never thought I could love him any more than I did that day. Then, four years ago, I saw him add a facet on to himself, not only was he a wonderful husband, he was now the single most amazing father I had ever encountered. That was the day he held our little girl for the first time. Once again, I felt an even deeper love for him
.Driving in a car full of our belongings, two dogs, and our daughter across country to a new state to start a new chapter in our lives, I found myself loving him even more than I did the night before. That he would pick it all up and move it, to make things better gave me an even deeper respect for the man I married.
With the new opportunity comes new experiences, both pleasant and unpleasant. We’re willing to face the storm together to give our daughter a better of life. Hell, it’s a better quality of life for the both of us too!!
I guess, what I’m trying to say is, that love grows if you foster it. Even through the years. As the years go by, the love doesn’t grow from the years accumulated, but the miles stones you experience together.
I’m positive that I will fall again when I watch him, “Proud Daddy” at our daughter’s graduations, when he walks her down the isle at her wedding, when he becomes a grandpa.He never understands how pleased I am to grow old with him. Maybe if I explain it this way, he will.

Our Wedding Day
Seven years to the day we started dating
Fifteen years together



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, be nice. I would if I commented on your blog!! KTHANKSBYE. :)